If you are planning to have a tattoo, you also need to orient yourself about the aftercare. You see, while the process is quite complicated, it is not really your concern as long as you are with a skilled tattoo artist and in one of the Famous tattoo parlous in KL as that means, you are in good hands.
However, when it comes to the aftercare, you will be greatly responsible. You will be the one to deal with this and all the artist can do is to orient you how. This is a meticulous process and if not done right, you can be in a disaster.
As a guide, here are some tips on how to take care of yourself after having a tattoo:
- The first tip is to follow whatever advice your tattoo artist will give. Actually, you will be given a full instruction as this is a part of their responsibility. And as long as you will follow what he will instruct to the last letter, you should be just fine.
- Usually, the artist will instruct you not to do anything for at least 2 hours after the entire process in which after that, you can clean the tattoo with soap and hot water in the most gentle manner.
- Then the cleaning process is done, you can apply a thin layer of moisturizer to cover the tattoo. Sometimes, the artist will advise you to cover the tattoo with a gauze or maybe just leave it open. When it comes to the kind of moisturizer, you can ask the artist as he will usually recommend one. The cleaning process should be done 3 to 5 times on a daily basis.
- As much as possible, you should keep the tattoo dry for a month every time you are done with the cleaning. Yes, you can take a shower, but you must never have a bath. Try to wear something that will not be in contact with the tattoo. However, if that is not possible because if the location of the tattoo, it is best if you will just cover it with a gauze.
- You must not expose the tattoo to a direct sunlight and thus, if you have to go out, again, you must have it covered. You have to note that the healing process will greatly depend on how you take care of your tattoo.
- You need to be patient. This will never be done overnight and thus, you have to be really patient. You have to note that if something will go wrong, not only that the tattoo must be removed, you might also be in a great risk in the process.
Indeed, having a tattoo is fine these days but there are risks involved. So, if you think that you will just be fine, you can go on with it. But if you are not that confident, it is best to just not do this as your health might be affected.
If you’re interested in reading more of our content, click here.